The 3D Interactive EnviroScape Ecological Restoration® allows you to explore the functions of various wetland types.
• Demonstrate how wetland and floodplain management can improve the environment!
• Experiment with restoring the environment to reduce the negative effects of unplanned development.
• Demonstrate flooding on the floodplain.
• Restore and construct wetlands to manage stormwater, reducing flooding and pollution.
• Explore wetland types and their unique functions and values.
Two demonstration styles are included in the guide, with the optional story-style demo, explore how wetlands and vegetation function in the natural environment, pollution and flooding after unplanned development, and how ecological restoration benefits the environment. Experiment with unplanned development, demonstrate flooding and pollution, take a water sample and move to restoring, creating, and protecting wetlands right on the model. Rain again, after restoration, take a water sample and let your students compare the results!
This unique model emphasizes the importance of wetlands to the environmental quality in our communities. Demonstrate the water absorption and water holding capacity of wetlands. Take a water sample visually experience the improvement in water quality, experiment with the impact of wetlands or the lack of wetlands upon flooding and erosion, Restore wetlands. All wetlands are clearly depicted on the model.
Contents: Ecological Restoration landscape top (topographical map), clear base, shopping center, parking lot, marina and boat slips, rainmaker (spray bottle), assorted wetlands (sponges), plant roots (cotton swabs), measuring cup, houses and other buildings, bridges, watercatcher, trees, golf flags, cocoa, drink mixes, wetland animals, farm animals, boat, and vehicles. Also includes a peer-reviewed User's Guide. Everything you will need for the first few demonstrations is included in the kit but some items are consumable. The consumable items are low cost items available at many local stores (drink mix, cocoa, clay, and sponges). We also offer basic supply kits and other replacement parts for all models — click here.
Dimensions: 25” x 30” x 5”; weighs approx. 5 lbs
Parts may vary slightly due to supplier changes and updates.
To do our part to help preserve forest resources, your guide for EnviroScape Ecological Restoration (Wetland & Floodplain Management) comes in electronic format – look for a link when you receive your Order Confirmation Receipt/Invoice. Please consider the environment before printing.
For any assistance on tailoring this model or pairing this model with another of the models to best meet your needs, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for special group training? Let us know what your needs are at email@example.com
PAIRINGS: This landscape is specifically designed to demonstrate wetlands and floodplain management. For in depth stormwater or watershed concepts it is best to pair this model with the EnviroScape NPS/Watershed or invest in the Ultimate Deluxe Demo Package.
Model Comparison Chart
Each EnviroScape® Model comes with a Users Guide that gives instructions, background, demonstrations and activities you can achieve with your model. Below are the Contents of each model to give you an idea of each users guide.
• Watershed/NPS Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Coastal Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Ecological Restoration (Wetland & Floodplain Management) Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Drinking Water & Wastewater Treatment Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Hazardous Materials Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Waste Management (Landfill & Recycling) Model User Guide Table of Contents
Click here for a brochure containing all the models and some of the accessories.