Hazardous Waste Prevention & Clean-up model becomes Urban Clean-Up & Restoration when you add the Urban Building Kit and Environmental Restoration Kit. The 3D EnviroScape Hazardous® model lets you explore what happens when hazardous materials and waste are improperly discharged, disposed or accidentally spilled on the land – and ways to clean up and prevent this from happening. From underground storage tanks and illegal dumping to transportation and household/residential and commercial practices... & more! This teaching model communicates to all ages (children to adults)!
We buy and use hazardous materials every day. Fuels, solvents,pesticides and fertilizers need to be manufactured, transported, stored, used and eventually disposed.
What happens when hazardous materials are improperly discharged, disposed or accidentally spilled on land?
EnviroScape Hazardous Materials shows
• potential sources of pollution;
• proper use and disposal options for hazardous materials;
• prevention practices to keep hazardous materials from adversely affecting the environment;
• methods used to clean up hazardous waste sites, discharges and spills; and
• environmental and health risks associated with contamination.
Issues addressed on the model include:
• Underground storage tanks,
• Contaminated lagoon,
• Abandoned warehouse,
• Old, unlined dump and
Also includes residential and commercial areas and buildings.
CONTENTS: Hazardous materials landscape top (topographical map), clear base, schoolhouse, gas station, warehouse, recycling building, apartment building, office, building, concrete cement slab, landfill cap, gas piping, lagoon liner, assorted buffer strips, barrels, baseball diamond, train and semitrailer truck, wells, storage tanks, trash, monitoring pipe, flashlight, houses, factory, treatment plant, bridges, watercatcher, trees, cocoa, oil, drink mixes and Users Guide. Everything you will need for the first few demonstrations is included in the kit but some items are consumable. The consumable items are low cost items available at many local stores (drink mix, cocoa, clay, and felt). We also offer basic supply kits and other replacement parts for all models — click here.
Dimensions: 25” x 30” x 5”; weighs approximately 5 lbs.
Model Comparison Chart
Parts may vary slightly due to supplier changes and updates.
To do our part to help preserve forest resources, your guide for EnviroScape Hazardous Waste Prevention & Clean-up model comes in electronic format. One day after you place your order, you will receive an email with "Subject: EnviroScape USER GUIDE for Hazardous Waste Prevention Model" with a link to download the guide. Please consider the environment before printing.
Looking for special group training? Let us know what your needs are at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each EnviroScape® Model comes with a Users Guide that gives instructions, background, demonstrations and activities you can achieve with your model. Below are the Contents of each model to give you an idea of each users guide.
• Watershed/NPS Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Coastal Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Ecological Restoration (Wetland & Floodplain Management) Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Drinking Water & Wastewater Treatment Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Hazardous Materials Model User Guide Table of Contents
• Waste Management (Landfill & Recycling) Model User Guide Table of Contents
Click here for a brochure containing all the models and some of the accessories.