This Accessory kit was developed for use with the EnviroScape® Drinking Water and Wastewater Treatment Model.
It contains 5 supplementary activities designed to increase awareness, and provide practical solutions to water and land contamination from pharmaceutical and chemical waste. Topics demonstrated:
- Background: Pharmaceuticals and the Environment
- Activity 1: How Pharmaceuticals & Chemicals Enter the Wastewater Treatment Cycle
- Activity 2: Wastewater Treatment
- Activity 3: What about Septic Systems?
- Activity 4: Pharmaceuticals on the Land, in our Surface and Groundwater
Source 1 Biosolids
Source 2 Pharmaceuticals Factory
Source 3 Pests and Pest Control
Source 4 Manure from Medicated Livestock
Source 5 Pharmaceuticals and Chemicals in the Landfill
Source 6 Littering
- Activity 5: Our Drinking Water
- What You Can Do to Prevent Pharmaceuticals from Contaminating Our Water?
- Check Out These Additional Resources on Best Management Practices for Expired or Unwanted Pharmaceuticals
To do our part to help preserve forest resources, your USER GUIDE for this kit comes in
electronic format. After you place your order, you will receive an email with "Subject: USER GUIDE for EnviroScape Pharmaceutical Kit" with a link to download the guide. Please consider the environment before printing.